From: Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] local caching DNS?
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 10:41:13
1 ======= On Wednesday 09 April 2008, Michal 'vorner' Vaner wrote: =======
2 > Hello
3 >
4 > On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 12:13:40PM +0200, Ralf Stephan wrote:
5 > > I'm fed up with waiting for ever the same name requests from my
6 > > browser (and open servers don't cut it either): which DNS cache
7 > > or caching DNS for simple local installation would you recommend?
8 >
9 > I use dnsmasq, can be used as a LAN cache too (by simply allowing
10 > requests from a given interface). Took me about 30 minutes to
11 > configure. I asked dhcp to save to resolv.conf.2 and made resolv.conf
12 > to request from localhost.
13
14 What about permanent (with saving to hdd) caching? It seems like pdnsd
15 do this thing only...
16 --
17 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list