From: askar k <askar.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unable to mount root fs on uknown - block (0,0)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 11:11:08
1 It's interesting for me, what the other people do when they install
2 Gentoo 2006.0???
3 What should I do know??? Install Fedora and copy kernel config file from it?
4 Very sad...
5
6 On 7/26/06, karsten <k.gebbert@×××××.com> wrote:
7 > I have the exact same problem, and have tried on this already for so
8 > long. After a while I just took a kernel config of a fedora box I have
9 > (2.6.17) and used that config and it worked straight away. Now I am in
10 > the process of removing stuff from and trying out, but its quite frankly
11 > pain in the butt, since all obvious option like in-build fs-driver,
12 > IDE/ATA support etc... but it does not work. Anyway, it would be great
13 > if someone could post her/his config for 2.6.17 to take as template. I
14 > can also later on post the two different configs or their diff so
15 > someone can have a look on what is different.
16 >
17 > greets,
18 >
19 > KArsten