From: karsten <k.gebbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unable to mount root fs on uknown - block (0,0)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:44:06
1 I have the exact same problem, and have tried on this already for so
2 long. After a while I just took a kernel config of a fedora box I have
3 (2.6.17) and used that config and it worked straight away. Now I am in
4 the process of removing stuff from and trying out, but its quite frankly
5 pain in the butt, since all obvious option like in-build fs-driver,
6 IDE/ATA support etc... but it does not work. Anyway, it would be great
7 if someone could post her/his config for 2.6.17 to take as template. I
8 can also later on post the two different configs or their diff so
9 someone can have a look on what is different.
10
11 greets,
12
13 KArsten