From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unable to mount root fs on uknown - block (0,0)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:34:35
1 On 7/26/06, karsten <k.gebbert@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > IDE/ATA support etc... but it does not work. Anyway, it would be great
3 > if someone could post her/his config for 2.6.17 to take as template.
4
5 I seriously doubt that this would help you very much, because my
6 kernel configurations are very closely tied to my hardware. FEX on my
7 laptop I have to build IDE support as a module, or not at all, or it
8 tries to take control of my DVD-RW drive (PATA drive controlled by a
9 SATA chip), and then I get terrible performance from it.
10
11 However, if you want to post the output of lspci, cat /proc/cpuinfo,
12 mount, and "grep =[ym] .config", someone might be able to point you in
13 the right direction.
14
15 -Richard
16 --