From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] New hibernate modules in 2.6.23-gentoo-r3
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 18:44:07
1 Hi All,
2
3 Could you please help me understand how I should be setting hibernation for my
4 laptop:
5
6 There an new hibernate options in the new stable kernel:
7
8 [*] Suspend to RAM and standby
9 [*] Hibernation (aka 'suspend to disk')
10 (/dev/hda1) Default resume partition
11 [*] ACPI Support (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) Support --->
12
13 Now, the last option contains:
14
15 --- ACPI Support (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) Support
16 [ ] Deprecated /proc/acpi files
17 [ ] Deprecated /proc/acpi/event support
18
19 which if I deselect I end up with boot errors because the acpid no longer
20 finds the relevant files:
21
22 * Starting acpid ...
23 acpid: can't open /proc/acpi/event: No such file or directory [ !! ]
24
25 So, the question is: how is one supposed to configure hibernation under the
26 new setup? Is acpid deprecated altogether and should be removed, or should I
27 keep it and re-enable the deprecated files and event support in the kernel.
28 (The Docs seem to hint that it may still be of use, which implies that the
29 deprecated modules should be enabled.)
30 --
31 Regards,
32 Mick