From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] disabling module autoloading in udev 1003
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 22:15:38
1 On 12/10/06, henkg@××××××××××××××.nl <henkg@××××××××××××××.nl> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I have 2 soundcards i my computer, one from the mainboard and a
5 > soundblaster live. My moduels.autoload.d is setup to only load the
6 > emu10k1 driver and this has worked vor over 2 years now, however since
7 > the latest udev snd-cmpci gets loaded automatically, and often before
8 > the emu10k1 driver, so the c-media card becomes the default sound card.
9
10 I think there is an alsa-specific solution to this, but I can't
11 remember what it is. More generally though, you can prevent udev from
13 problem ipw3945 being autoloaded at boot, so my /etc/modules.d/ipw3945
14 contains:
15
16 alias pci:v00008086d00004222sv*sd*bc*sc*i* off
17 alias pci:v00008086d00004227sv*sd*bc*sc*i* off
18
19 You could do something similar in /etc/modules.d/alsa (just remember
20 to re-run modules-update for changes to take effect). To find the
21 appropriate pci:foo strings, grep /lib/modules/`uname
22 -r`/modules.alias for the driver.
23
24 You can then load the modules in the order you want in
25 modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6
26
27 HTH,
28 -Richard