From: henkg@××××××××××××××.nl
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] disabling module autoloading in udev 1003
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 12:03:04
1 Hello,
2
3 I have 2 soundcards i my computer, one from the mainboard and a
4 soundblaster live. My moduels.autoload.d is setup to only load the
5 emu10k1 driver and this has worked vor over 2 years now, however since
6 the latest udev snd-cmpci gets loaded automatically, and often before
7 the emu10k1 driver, so the c-media card becomes the default sound card.
8
9 I have tried /etc/hotplug/blacklist, but that doesn't seem to work any
10 more.
11
12 So: how do I disable autoloading of the c-media driver?
13
14 I have a simular problem with a pc that has va via builtin and a sb live
15 as it's second card.
16
17 Also /dev/eth0 for some reason had become ethernet over firewire 9never
18 knew this even existed), which I solved by simply disabling ethernet
19 over firewire and recompiling.
20
21 Kind regards,
22