From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Vmware Player 4 from vmware-overlay
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:29:10
1 Am 20.10.2011 11:56, schrieb Andrey Moshbear:
2
3 >> I stay w/ vmware-player-3.1.5 for now (out of vmware-overlay).
4
5 > I've had rather pleasant experiences with virtualbox. Less
6 > libhell/libnazism, too.
7 > Plus, less drivers to modprobe (just vboxdrv, vboxnet as needed)
8 > instead of the 4 or so needed for vmware.
9
10 As Nikos mentioned, no problem.
11
12 I have Linux KVM also available here, so instead of migrating the VM to
13 virtualbox (and installing that) I could also migrate the VM to KVM and
14 get rid of VMware. Using the "player" was only kind of curiosity back
15 then and then staying with it for that one particular VM (back then I
16 had problems w/ specific USB-devices in KVM. Should be solved long ago)
17
18 S