From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Vmware Player 4 from vmware-overlay
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 13:01:32
1 On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 5:27 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 > Am 20.10.2011 11:56, schrieb Andrey Moshbear:
3 >
4 >>> I stay w/ vmware-player-3.1.5 for now (out of vmware-overlay).
5 >
6 >> I've had rather pleasant experiences with virtualbox. Less
7 >> libhell/libnazism, too.
8 >> Plus, less drivers to modprobe (just vboxdrv, vboxnet as needed)
9 >> instead of the 4 or so needed for vmware.
10 >
11 > As Nikos mentioned, no problem.
12 >
13 > I have Linux KVM also available here, so instead of migrating the VM to
14 > virtualbox (and installing that) I could also migrate the VM to KVM and
15 > get rid of VMware. Using the "player" was only kind of curiosity back
16 > then and then staying with it for that one particular VM (back then I
17 > had problems w/ specific USB-devices in KVM. Should be solved long ago)
18 >
19 > S
20
21 I've wanted to try out the Linux KVM stuff but watching the
22 development list gave me the feeling it wasn't stable enough to depend
23 on day to day.
24
25 - Mark