From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Incredibly slow disk access
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 21:22:57
1 Wayn0 wrote:
2 > William Kenworthy wrote:
3 >> If you have sata drives, and they are showing up as hdx, you have
4 >> something seriously misconfigured. They should be showing as sdx.
5 >>
6 >> Deselect everything in ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL and select the relevant boxes
7 >> in serial ATA. Dont forget fstab will need redoing to match.
8 >>
9 >> I always thought that if you select both, serial ata should take
10 >> precedence, and in some cases you can access via both, but I have at
11 >> least one machine that will only work as sata with all the older ata
12 >> stuff deselected.
13 >>
14 >> BillK
15 >
16 > Thanks Bill,
17 >
18 > removing all the ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL stuff sorted it out.
19 >
20 > :-)
23 > Wayn0
24
25 Would you mind posting what speeds you get now? I'm curious myself.
26
27 Thanks
28
29 Dale