From: Wayn0 <wayn0.ml@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Incredibly slow disk access
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 15:47:45
1 William Kenworthy wrote:
2 > If you have sata drives, and they are showing up as hdx, you have
3 > something seriously misconfigured. They should be showing as sdx.
4 >
5 > Deselect everything in ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL and select the relevant boxes
6 > in serial ATA. Dont forget fstab will need redoing to match.
7 >
8 > I always thought that if you select both, serial ata should take
9 > precedence, and in some cases you can access via both, but I have at
10 > least one machine that will only work as sata with all the older ata
11 > stuff deselected.
12 >
13 > BillK
14
15 Thanks Bill,
16
17 removing all the ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL stuff sorted it out.
18
19 :-)
22 Wayn0
23 --