From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Incredibly slow disk access
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 08:34:25
1 If you have sata drives, and they are showing up as hdx, you have
2 something seriously misconfigured. They should be showing as sdx.
3
4 Deselect everything in ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL and select the relevant boxes
5 in serial ATA. Dont forget fstab will need redoing to match.
6
7 I always thought that if you select both, serial ata should take
8 precedence, and in some cases you can access via both, but I have at
9 least one machine that will only work as sata with all the older ata
10 stuff deselected.
11
12 BillK