From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems with installing zfs-kmod under new kernel
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2020 00:48:46
1 On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 10:36 AM John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I was on 0.8.4 and it upgraded me to 22.0.0_rc1. I have not upgraded
4 > my pools, so I think I can go back to 0.8.4 or 5. The kernel I am
5 > upgrading is not the running kernel, so would any of this effect my
6 > running kernel which is 4.19.144 -- unfortunately on 2.0.0_rc1, but I
7 > agree maybe I should mask it off and go to 0.8.5.
8
9 Yeah, or just stay on 0.8.4. 0.8.5 was only released upstream this
10 week. With my root and multiple TB of data on zfs I really don't want
11 to face a restore situation. I do have backups but it would take days
12 to restore everything.
13
14 As long as you never ran zpool upgrade you should be able to downgrade
15 the version you're running. That said, anytime I change kernels I
16 keep some old ones lying around just in case, including their modules.
19 Rich