From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems with installing zfs-kmod under new kernel
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2020 05:52:45
1 On Wed, 07 Oct 2020 20:48:29 -0400,
2 Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >
4 > On Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 10:36 AM John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > >
6 > > I was on 0.8.4 and it upgraded me to 22.0.0_rc1. I have not upgraded
7 > > my pools, so I think I can go back to 0.8.4 or 5. The kernel I am
8 > > upgrading is not the running kernel, so would any of this effect my
9 > > running kernel which is 4.19.144 -- unfortunately on 2.0.0_rc1, but I
10 > > agree maybe I should mask it off and go to 0.8.5.
11 >
12 > Yeah, or just stay on 0.8.4. 0.8.5 was only released upstream this
13 > week. With my root and multiple TB of data on zfs I really don't want
14 > to face a restore situation. I do have backups but it would take days
15 > to restore everything.
16 >
17 > As long as you never ran zpool upgrade you should be able to downgrade
18 > the version you're running. That said, anytime I change kernels I
19 > keep some old ones lying around just in case, including their modules.
20 Yep, not a bid idea at all, I usually do that as well.
21
22 Thanks.
25 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
26 How do
27 you spend it?
28
29 John Covici wb2una