From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USE flags handling
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 17:57:21
1 Am 29.07.2014 19:04, schrieb behrouz khosravi:
2 > Hello everyone.
3 > I just concurred my fear and jumped to installing gentoo!
4 > So far so good!
5 > Before installing on my laptop and desktop, I am trying on virtual box
6 > and the system is running Fluxbox very good.(default profile)
7 > Now I am thinking about managing USE flags.
8 > What if I disable everything in the make.conf ( I mean USE="-*" ) and
9 > gradually add the needed flags to package.use?
10 you will break you system.
11
12 > I am not trying to have severe control, I just want to expand my knowledge!
13 > thanks.
14 >
15 then don't do stupid things like USE=-*