From: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need help with pvrusb2
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 22:25:40
1 On 10/23/11 16:52, Florian Philipp wrote:
2 > Am 23.10.2011 23:36, schrieb Michael Sullivan:
3 >> Hello. I recently purchased a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR external TV card.
4 >> I'm trying to get it to work with Gentoo Linux. I think I've followed
5 >> the steps found at
6 >> http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-1900 correctly,
7 >> but I'm still getting errors. When I plug the TV card into the USB slot
8 >> in the back of the computer and search dmesg, it says:
9 >>
10 > [...]
13 >> I've emerged linuxtv-dvb-firmware and reissued the above command with no
14 >> change. How do I get Gentoo to recognize this card?
15 >> -Michael Sullivan-
18 > Try media-tv/ivtv-firmware. For some reason, that works better for me.
19 > And also media-tv/ivtv-utils.
20 >
21 > BTW: If your HVR behaves the same as my old PVR2, it can sometimes help
22 > to suspend and wake the system to get it working.
26 OK. I restarted the computer. (I have never suspended that computer
27 before and was unsure of what would happen, but I did not realize at the
28 time that my the game running on my wife's computer was using a samba
29 share that would be disrupted.) I had no luck with ivtv-firmware, so I
30 have reinstalled linuxtv-dvb-firmware-2009.09.19. Now the output of
31 dmesg has changed somewhat:
32
33 michael@carter ~ $ dmesg | grep -i pvr
34 pvrusb2: Hardware description: WinTV HVR-1950 Model 751xx
35 usbcore: registered new interface driver pvrusb2
36 pvrusb2: V4L in-tree version:Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-USB2 MPEG2 Encoder/Tuner
37 pvrusb2: Debug mask is 31 (0x1f)
38 pvrusb2: ***WARNING*** Device fx2 controller firmware seems to be missing.
39 pvrusb2: Did you install the pvrusb2 firmware files in their proper
40 location?
41 pvrusb2: request_firmware unable to locate fx2 controller file
42 v4l-pvrusb2-73xxx-01.fw
43 pvrusb2: Failure uploading firmware1
44 pvrusb2: Device initialization was not successful.
45 pvrusb2: Giving up since device microcontroller firmware appears to be
46 missing.
47
48 Does this help?