From: Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to get /dev/cdrom
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 16:59:19
1 On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 10:28 -0600, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 10:11 AM, Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Why is it not being mapped correctly? Is the rule above not correct?
4 > > I've tried to read tutorials about writing udev rules, but the example
5 > > rules in the tutorials look nothing like the above rules, and I didn't
6 > > write those. I think they were created when udev was installed...
7 >
8 > I guess you don't really have 6 optical drives installed? :)
9 >
10 > Some of those have -ide- in the device name, did you change form IDE
11 > to ATA kernel driver at some point (like most everyone else did)?
12 > Maybe that's why. New entries are generated for drives that don't
13 > match existing rules, which is probably why you see your SOHC-5236K
14 > down at cdrom5 as well...
15 >
16 > If you delete the file and reboot, it'll create a new one based on
17 > your currently-installed hardware config. Hopefully that'll solve it
18 > or at least clean up that file to the point where you can manage the
19 > changes more easily.
22 I deleted /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-cd.rules and rebooted the
23 system. The file is still gone, and still no /dev/cdrom:
24 camille ~ # ls /etc/udev/rules.d/
25 10-zaptel.rules 70-bluetooth.rules 70-libsane.rules
26 90-hal.rules hsf.rules
27 30-svgalib.rules 70-libgphoto2.rules 70-persistent-net.rules
28 99-btnx.rules
29 camille ~ # ls /dev/cdrom*
30 ls: cannot access /dev/cdrom*: No such file or directory
33 What should I do now?