From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] yubikey
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 12:51:05
1 On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 14:21:27 +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2
3 > Anyone using that (with gentoo) ?
4
5 I got one a few days ago to check out. It's basically a USB keyboard, so
6 it works with Gentoo exactly the same way it works with anything else.
7 I've only tried the static password part so far, but my hard drive is not
8 encrypted with a ridiculously long key that I would never use if I had to
9 type it manually.
10
11 > Experience? I consider getting one to test and use it ..
12 >
13 > flameeyes didn't get one:
14 >
15 > https://blog.flameeyes.eu/2012/01/how-not-to-sell-me-something-why-i-won-t-be-maintaining-yubikey-software-directly-in-gentoo
16 >
17 > maybe since then they changed their policies etc
18
19 It's weird. They list prices in dollars, PayPal converts that to Pounds
20 Sterling, then the device is posted for a UK address. The VAT thing is
21 even weirder.
25 Neil Bothwick
26
27 Found my .sig, it was in behind the cushion on the settee.