From: Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] yubikey
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 12:54:33
1 On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 3:50 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 14:21:27 +0200, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
4 >
5 > > Anyone using that (with gentoo) ?
6 >
7 > I got one a few days ago to check out. It's basically a USB keyboard, so
8 > it works with Gentoo exactly the same way it works with anything else.
9 > I've only tried the static password part so far, but my hard drive is not
10 > encrypted with a ridiculously long key that I would never use if I had to
11 > type it manually.
12
13 Right, I use it, and it working fine.
14 I use single HOTP.
15 The sdk/tools also build friendly, there was no problem to build in
16 order to perform the initial enrolment.
20 > > Experience? I consider getting one to test and use it ..
21 > >
22 > > flameeyes didn't get one:
23 > >
24 > > https://blog.flameeyes.eu/2012/01/how-not-to-sell-me-something-why-i-won-t-be-maintaining-yubikey-software-directly-in-gentoo
25 > >
26 > > maybe since then they changed their policies etc
27 >
28 > It's weird. They list prices in dollars, PayPal converts that to Pounds
29 > Sterling, then the device is posted for a UK address. The VAT thing is
30 > even weirder.
33 > --
34 > Neil Bothwick
35 >
36 > Found my .sig, it was in behind the cushion on the settee.