From: Remy Blank <remy.blank_asps@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: etc-update vs dispatch-conf
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 18:51:46
1 maxim wexler wrote:
2 > What does the group think?
3
4 I don't know about the group, but I use etc-update and keep all of /etc
5 in a Subversion working copy. This allows quickly seeing any changes
6 made on updates and emerges, reverting changes if anything breaks, and
7 keeping track of the reasons for specific changes in commit log messages.
8
9 I also use a tool to store file and directory ownership and ACLs in an
10 SVN property. I believe dispatch-conf doesn't track ownership and
11 permissions.
12
13 I even thought about using a distributed VCS like git to be able to push
14 changes to a group of machines for e.g. updates, but then again, I don't
15 have enough installations to maintain. Has anybody done something in
16 this direction?
17
18 -- Remy
21 Remove underscore and suffix in reply address for a timely response.
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list