From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Somewhat OT. Building a rig. Want to get opinions before spending $$$
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 17:27:56
1 Teemu Vartiainen wrote:
2 > 2010/11/28 Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
3 >
4 >> Dale wrote:
5 >>
6 >> GIGABYTE GA-770T-USB3 AM3 AMD 770 USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard. The only
7 >> thing I don't like about this is that it doesn't have a com port for my
8 >> UPS. I guess a adapter will be found somewhere.
9 >>
10 >> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103675
13 >> I was diggin around for some more info on this mobo. I found this on the
14 >> website:
15 >>
16 >> Due to different Linux support condition provided by chipset vendors, please
17 >> download Linux driver from chipset vendors' website or 3rd party website.
18 >>
19 >> This chipset is supported right? From what I found, it uses the standard
20 >> SATA drivers but want to make sure. Searching with google returns some old
21 >> problems but I couldn't find anything recent. Is it working fine now?
22 >>
23 >> Thoughts?
24 >>
25 >> Dale
26 >>
27 >> :-) :-)
30 > I'm not sure about that older chipset (770) but i have MSI 890GXM-G65
31 > mobo and that works fine.
32 >
33 > Vartsu
38 I found some people with problems when I was googling around but most
39 were older posts. I sort of figure things got fixed and that is why I
40 was not finding anything recent. I would really not want to buy this
41 stuff and then find out the chipset wasn't supported for some reason or
42 other.
43
44 I would assume then that the 770 is fine since the one you have is newer
45 and works fine.
46
47 Thanks for the info.
48