From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Stable versions vanished!?
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 21:46:05
1 On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 21:36:44 +0100 Matthias Bethke
2 <matthias@×××××××.de> wrote:
3 | After finishing my latest sync, portage moaned about problems with my
4 | world file. emaint found out it was due to some package updates that
5 | deleted the versions I have installed and left only unstable ones.
6 | In particular, it was dev-tex/latex-beamer and its dependencies, pgf
7 | and xcolor. Nice to see somebody has gotten around to updating the
8 | ebuilds, but if there's a stable version, wouldn't it make sense to
9 | leave at least one around so people can decide if they want to use
10 | the unstable? net-im/skype has the same problem. It's asking for a
11 | new dbus which I'll just try out---hope it doesn't break too many
12 | things. I suppose they don't offer the old version for download any
13 | more and the new one doesn't work with the stable dbus?
14
15 Someone screwed up. Our x86 arch lead is going to hit them with a lead
16 pipe. You shouldn't encounter forced downgrades in stable unless
17 something really icky happens. You shouldn't encounter forced
18 downgrades in ~arch unless someone commits a version that works for
19 them and it later turns out that it's seriously broken (eg bash-3.1).
22 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (I can kill you with my brain)
23 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
24 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm