From: rhannek@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] recommended applications
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 12:17:20
1 On 24/05/15 15:01, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
2 >I depends on personal preferences. I'm not sure why, but I always
3 >had problems with intensive mail traffic and mutt. Also many mails
4 >are html-base and mutt is not the best way to deal with them.
5 >(I know that html mails are disgusting, but too many people use
6 >them these days to disregard this trend completely.)
7
8 You can display html mails in mutt via www-client/links (and other) [1].
9 It works very well for me. Also you might want to have net-mail/isync or
10 net-mail/offlineimap and mail-mta/msmtp or some other
11 sendmail-compatible client because mutt blocks while talking with the
12 remote host.
13
14 >> What about IRC client?
15 >
16 >Use irssi. It is a reliable and highly configurable CLI solution.
17
18 Just throwing net-irc/weechat in there for good measure.
19
20 [1] https://www.debian-administration.org/article/75/Reading_HTML_email_with_Mutt