From: daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nfs home directory vs kmail
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 21:06:12
1 2009/12/1 daid kahl <daidxor@×××××.com>:
2 >>> What nfs options are in use, both client and server side?
3 >>
4 >> I used this fstab entry on the client:
5 >> 10.0.1.1:/home  /home   nfs     defaults        0       0
8 > Using defaults you are auto-mounting at boot.  But usually from my
9 > experience items in fstab would be mounted before the network is
10 > initialized.  You could test this either by manually unmounting and
11 > mounting it or turning off auto.
12 >
13 > But if you can see the files at all, it seems to say that it managed to mount.
14 >
15 > Regards,
16 > daid
19 Can I also confirm that your user ID and group ID values are the same
20 on the server and localhost?
21
22 Running $ id as the user in question at the command line on both
23 machines ought to do the trick.
24
25 ~d