From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Devicekit - especially just for Dale
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 21:30:27
1 On Monday 18 January 2010 23:04:56 James Ausmus wrote:
2 > And this is why it is a Very Good Thing to spread the word about the Magic
4 > the power button (which should send an ACPI shutdown signal, causing the
5 > system to self-power-off)?
8 Forgot to add this juicy bit to my last post:
9
10 Very recent buyers of Lenovo laptops don't even *have* a SysRq key anymore. I
11 reckon it won't be long before other makers follow suit. I can see Lenovo's
12 point: there's probably less than 10,000 people in the whole world that ever
13 used that key in the last 12 months and all of them are very au fait with
14 Linux
17 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com