From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] google-chrome-103.0.5060 - choose password for new keyring
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 21:35:18
1 On Sat, 9 Jul 2022 18:12:51 +0100, Wols Lists wrote:
2
3 > > Could disabling a USE flag remove that dependency?  It may not be
4 > > google-chrome itself but something else it depends on.  Using the
5 > > --tree option may help here.  Masking the keyring package may force
6 > > emerge to shine some light on what needs the package as well.  It
7 > > should grumble about it being masked along with what needs it.
8 > >
9 > > Sort of odd that something like this pops up all of a sudden with no
10 > > notice of the change.
11 > >
12 > So why am I glad my USE= includes "-gnome" :-)
13 >
14 > Although I don't use Chrome, so I wouldn't notice anyways :-)
15
16 google-chrome is a binary package, so USE flags won't make any difference
17 to its dependencies.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 We are from the planet Taglinis. Take us to your reader!