From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] google-chrome-103.0.5060 - choose password for new keyring
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 17:13:00
1 On 08/07/2022 07:44, Dale wrote:
2 > thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
3 >> On 7/7/22 21:50, Dale wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>>
6 >>> You found a solution that works.  That's great.  Now you can get back to
7 >>> doing more important things.  ;-)
8 >>>
9 >>> Dale
10 >>>
11 >>> :-)  :-)
12 >>
13 >> By upgrading one of my system, I've just noticed this behaviour is
14 >> enforced (I think) by new package that was pulled by emerge:
15 >> [ebuild  N    ] gnome-base/gnome-keyring-42.1  USE="pam ssh-agent
16 >> (-selinux) -systemd -test"
17 >> Upgrading just "chrome" did not ask me for any keyring password.
18 >>
19 >> I don't use gnome, I use XFCE but I guess one of the package pull this
20 >> as a dependency.
26 > Could disabling a USE flag remove that dependency?  It may not be
27 > google-chrome itself but something else it depends on.  Using the --tree
28 > option may help here.  Masking the keyring package may force emerge to
29 > shine some light on what needs the package as well.  It should grumble
30 > about it being masked along with what needs it.
31 >
32 > Sort of odd that something like this pops up all of a sudden with no
33 > notice of the change.
34 >
35 So why am I glad my USE= includes "-gnome" :-)
36
37 Although I don't use Chrome, so I wouldn't notice anyways :-)
38
39 Cheers,
40 Wol