From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] google-chrome-103.0.5060 - choose password for new keyring
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 06:44:40
1 thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > On 7/7/22 21:50, Dale wrote:
5 >> You found a solution that works.  That's great.  Now you can get back to
6 >> doing more important things.  ;-)
7 >>
8 >> Dale
9 >>
10 >> :-)  :-)
11 >
12 > By upgrading one of my system, I've just noticed this behaviour is
13 > enforced (I think) by new package that was pulled by emerge:
14 > [ebuild  N    ] gnome-base/gnome-keyring-42.1  USE="pam ssh-agent
15 > (-selinux) -systemd -test"
16 > Upgrading just "chrome" did not ask me for any keyring password.
17 >
18 > I don't use gnome, I use XFCE but I guess one of the package pull this
19 > as a dependency.
25 Could disabling a USE flag remove that dependency?  It may not be
26 google-chrome itself but something else it depends on.  Using the --tree
27 option may help here.  Masking the keyring package may force emerge to
28 shine some light on what needs the package as well.  It should grumble
29 about it being masked along with what needs it.
30
31 Sort of odd that something like this pops up all of a sudden with no
32 notice of the change.
33
34 Dale
35