From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Finding the port NFS runs on
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 08:30:14
1 On Friday 14 March 2008, Michael Sullivan wrote:
2
3 > How can I find out what port NFS is running on so I can let it through
4 > my subrouter?
5
6 rpcinfo -p <hostname> should tell you. Note that you might need to open
7 other ports in addition to those used by nfs itself. In particular, the
8 statd, lockd and mountd daemons usually use random ports, and I don't
9 know whether and how they can be instructed to use fixed port numbers in
10 Gentoo. Refer to this document for more information:
11
12 http://www.lowth.com/LinWiz/nfs_help.html
13 --
14 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list