From: Dave Jones <Dave.Jones@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Finding the port NFS runs on
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:27:29
1 Etaoin Shrdlu wrote on 14/03/08 09:38:
2 > On Friday 14 March 2008, Michael Sullivan wrote:
3 >> How can I find out what port NFS is running on so I can let it through
4 >> my subrouter?
5
6 > rpcinfo -p <hostname> should tell you. Note that you might need to open
7 > other ports in addition to those used by nfs itself. In particular, the
8 > statd, lockd and mountd daemons usually use random ports, and I don't
9 > know whether and how they can be instructed to use fixed port numbers in
10 > Gentoo. Refer to this document for more information:
11
12 > http://www.lowth.com/LinWiz/nfs_help.html
13
14 Modify /etc/conf.d/nfs to setup the ports you want to use:
15
16 OPTS_RPC_MOUNTD="-p nnnnn"
17 OPTS_RPC_STATD="-p mmmmm -o pppppp"
18
19 Modify /etc/sysctl.conf to set up the lockd port:
20
21 fs.nfs.nlm_udpport = xxxxxx
22 fs.nfs.nlm_tcpport = xxxxxx
23
24 NFS uses port 2049 as standard, portmap uses port 111
25
26 Cheers, Dave
30 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list