From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] locale no longer recognised by Plasma and KDE apps?
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 22:16:15
1 On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 18:07:20 BST Mick wrote:
2 > Another little problem I came across with Plasma is that neither the
3 > keyboard, nor the spell checking respects the locale, L10N, or anything
4 > else I have set up. systemsettings5 shows en-GB as the selected language
5 > and keyboard, but (I think) a US keyboard layout and spell checking
6 > language is used instead.
7
8 In what applications, Mick?
9
10 > Is this another systemd-R-us imposition, or is there a way I can set it up
11 > so that Plasma & friends respect the default environment settings?
12 >
13 > $ env | grep LANG
14 > LANG=en_GB.UTF8
15
16 I have en_GB set up and apparently working. I haven't done anything in
17 particular to the environment, just used applications' setup.
20 Regards,
21 Peter.