From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] locale no longer recognised by Plasma and KDE apps?
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 22:39:15
1 On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 23:16:07 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 18:07:20 BST Mick wrote:
3 > > Another little problem I came across with Plasma is that neither the
4 > > keyboard, nor the spell checking respects the locale, L10N, or anything
5 > > else I have set up. systemsettings5 shows en-GB as the selected language
6 > > and keyboard, but (I think) a US keyboard layout and spell checking
7 > > language is used instead.
8 >
9 > In what applications, Mick?
10
11 Kate, Kmail, Firefox, et al.
14 > > Is this another systemd-R-us imposition, or is there a way I can set it up
15 > > so that Plasma & friends respect the default environment settings?
16 > >
17 > > $ env | grep LANG
18 > > LANG=en_GB.UTF8
19 >
20 > I have en_GB set up and apparently working. I haven't done anything in
21 > particular to the environment, just used applications' setup.
22
23 The keyboard layout works fine on console and other desktop environments. It
24 is just Plasma I noticed is not collaborating.
25
26 Are you also running Plasma with openrc?
27 --
28 Regards,
29 Mick