From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] locale no longer recognised by Plasma and KDE apps?
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 08:25:58
1 On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 23:38:48 BST Mick wrote:
2 > On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 23:16:07 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 18:07:20 BST Mick wrote:
4 > > > Another little problem I came across with Plasma is that neither the
5 > > > keyboard, nor the spell checking respects the locale, L10N, or anything
6 > > > else I have set up. systemsettings5 shows en-GB as the selected
7 > > > language
8 > > > and keyboard, but (I think) a US keyboard layout and spell checking
9 > > > language is used instead.
10 > >
11 > > In what applications, Mick?
12 >
13 > Kate, Kmail, Firefox, et al.
14 >
15 > > > Is this another systemd-R-us imposition, or is there a way I can set it
16 > > > up
17 > > > so that Plasma & friends respect the default environment settings?
18 > > >
19 > > > $ env | grep LANG
20 > > > LANG=en_GB.UTF8
21 > >
22 > > I have en_GB set up and apparently working. I haven't done anything in
23 > > particular to the environment, just used applications' setup.
24 >
25 > The keyboard layout works fine on console and other desktop environments.
26 > It is just Plasma I noticed is not collaborating.
27 >
28 > Are you also running Plasma with openrc?
29
30 Another complain surfaced: apparently users cannot edit their own user icon,
31 the one that appears to the left of the name of the user in the start up
32 panel. systemsettings5 only allows one to add a user. Existing user accounts
33 are not listed.
36 Regards,
37 Mick