From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] System bell (again)
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 19:07:29
1 contiemilio@××××××××.it wrote:
2
3 >Alle 17:29, venerdì 7 aprile 2006, contiemilio@××××××××.it ha scritto:
6 >>Alle 16:26, venerdì 7 aprile 2006, Richard Fish ha scritto:
9 >>>On 4/7/06, contiemilio@××××××××.it <contiemilio@××××××××.it> wrote:
10 >>>
11 >>>
12 >>>>Hi all, I recompiled my kernel and now the system bell plays . . . but
13 >>>>as root only.
14 >>>>I tried to add myself as normal users to the following groups:
15 >>>>root, sys, adm, tty, console
16 >>>>
17 >>>>with no results.
18 >>>>
19 >>>>
20 >>>Is your user a member of the audio group?
21 >>>
22 >>>
23 >>Of course. That was the first thing I did when I installed alsa.
27 >>>-Richard
28 >>>
29 >>>
30 >>emilio
34 >Hi folks: SOLVED!!
35 >
36 >In my (user) home directory there is .kde/share/config/kaccessrc file.
37 >The file has two sections: Bell and Mouse.
38 >I modified the first two entries of Bell section like this:
39 >
40 >ArtsBell=true
41 >SystemBell=true
42 >
43 >And now the system bell works for all users!
44 >
45 >I hope this can help!
46 >
47 >Bye
48 >emilio
53 It may have helped me too. I changed mine.
54
55 Thanks
56
57 Dale