From: contiemilio@××××××××.it
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] System bell (again)
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 16:06:48
1 Alle 17:29, venerdì 7 aprile 2006, contiemilio@××××××××.it ha scritto:
2 > Alle 16:26, venerdì 7 aprile 2006, Richard Fish ha scritto:
3 > > On 4/7/06, contiemilio@××××××××.it <contiemilio@××××××××.it> wrote:
4 > > > Hi all, I recompiled my kernel and now the system bell plays . . . but
5 > > > as root only.
6 > > > I tried to add myself as normal users to the following groups:
7 > > > root, sys, adm, tty, console
8 > > >
9 > > > with no results.
10 > >
11 > > Is your user a member of the audio group?
12 >
13 > Of course. That was the first thing I did when I installed alsa.
14 >
15 > > -Richard
16 >
17 > emilio
18
19 Hi folks: SOLVED!!
20
21 In my (user) home directory there is .kde/share/config/kaccessrc file.
22 The file has two sections: Bell and Mouse.
23 I modified the first two entries of Bell section like this:
24
25 ArtsBell=true
26 SystemBell=true
27
28 And now the system bell works for all users!
29
30 I hope this can help!
31
32 Bye