From: Mark Shields <laebshade@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] seamonkey + updates
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 22:39:36
1 On 1/3/07, Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Wednesday 03 January 2007 13:58, Nelson, David (ED, PAR&D) wrote:
4 >
5 > > > is it possible to build seamonkey without the whole updating
6 > > > (and check-for-update) stuff ?
7 > > >
8 > > >
9 > > > thx
10 > >
11 > > emerge sync && emerge -u seamonkey
12 > >
13 > > That's the only way I can think of ....
14 >
15 > Seamonkey (and Mozilla/Netscape/Firefox) seem to have written so that
16 > the update ability is hard coded into them and is not an option.
17 >
18 > At least that's what the ebuild and USE flags tell me, and I'm way to
19 > lazy to investigate the Mozilla build system to get a definite answer.
20 > Besides, it's probably a horrific build system. And also besides, the
21 > update code portion probably isn't that big.
22 >
23 > What Enrico needs to do is download SeaMonkey and build it like normal,
24 > then deactivate the auto-update stuff in Preferences
25 >
26 > alan
27 >
28 > --
29 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
32 I can't speak for Seamonkey, but for Firefox, at least the 3.0a version,
33 there is an option to disable automatic checking for updates. Go into
34 preferences, then advanced, then update.
37 - Mark Shields