From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] seamonkey + updates
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 12:32:52
1 On Wednesday 03 January 2007 13:58, Nelson, David (ED, PAR&D) wrote:
2
3 > > is it possible to build seamonkey without the whole updating
4 > > (and check-for-update) stuff ?
7 > > thx
8 >
9 > emerge sync && emerge -u seamonkey
10 >
11 > That's the only way I can think of ....
12
13 Seamonkey (and Mozilla/Netscape/Firefox) seem to have written so that
14 the update ability is hard coded into them and is not an option.
15
16 At least that's what the ebuild and USE flags tell me, and I'm way to
17 lazy to investigate the Mozilla build system to get a definite answer.
18 Besides, it's probably a horrific build system. And also besides, the
19 update code portion probably isn't that big.
20
21 What Enrico needs to do is download SeaMonkey and build it like normal,
22 then deactivate the auto-update stuff in Preferences
23
24 alan
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list