From: Qian Qiao <qian.qiao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerging without Internet connection
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 22:43:53
1 On 10/24/05, Gentoo Voyager <gentoovoyager@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Dear all,
3 >
4 > My home gentoo box dos't have a internet connection, but i need to install
5 > Sendmail on my PC( for testing perposer), any one know how to do it without
6 > internet cennection..
7 >
8 > thanks..
9 >
10 > Suranga
11
12 Option 1. Find a gentoo box that actually connected to the net, then
13 build a binary package for the target machine.
14 Option 2. Read the sendmail ebuild, download the source files
15 accordingly, transfer them onto the target machine, and build them.
16
17 Both options are pretty simple, if you understand how the portage
18 system work, and where there files are stored.
21 There are 3 kinds of people in the world:
22 Those who can count, and those who can't.
23
24 Money can't buy everything.
25 Sometimes money can't even buy a gun...
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list