From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerging without Internet connection
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 22:59:35
1 On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 23:38:48 +0100
2 Qian Qiao wrote:
3
4 > On 10/24/05, Gentoo Voyager <gentoovoyager@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Dear all,
6 > >
7 > > My home gentoo box dos't have a internet connection, but i need to install
8 > > Sendmail on my PC( for testing perposer), any one know how to do it without
9 > > internet cennection..
10 > >
11 > > thanks..
12 > >
13 > > Suranga
14 >
15 > Option 1. Find a gentoo box that actually connected to the net, then
16 > build a binary package for the target machine.
17 > Option 2. Read the sendmail ebuild, download the source files
18 > accordingly, transfer them onto the target machine, and build them.
19 >
20 > Both options are pretty simple, if you understand how the portage
21 > system work, and where there files are stored.
22
23 This subject has been hacked to death at least twice in recent months.
24 The OP should search the archives.
27 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list