From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: trouble with new gnome (~amd64)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 14:58:14
1 On 12/09/2010 05:31 AM, Adam Carter wrote:
2 >
3 > Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad": libgnomebreakpad.so:
4 > cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
7 > I'm still trying to find out who is looking for that library. The new
8 > version of bug-buddy no longer supplies that library, and when you run
9 > bug-buddy from a command line it prints that error
12 > So..... bug-buddy is reporting that a library is missing that it used to supply? Doesnt sound right
13
14 Indeed, it wasn't right -- all gnome apps cause the same error message.
15
16 There is a gconf setting (presumably obsolete now) that asks gnome-settings-daemon
17 to load the 'gnomebreakpad' module to handle crash reports. Unchecking that box in
18 the gconf-editor silences the error message.
19
20 GConf is scheduled to be replaced with some other gizmo in gnome-3.0 anyway. If
21 gnome-3.0 turns out anything like kde-4.0 I'll be deleting it very quickly.