From: Ernie Schroder <schroder@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cups is broken
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 22:18:14
1 On Saturday 25 February 2006 16:22, a tiny voice compelled John Blinka to
2 write:
3 > Ernie Schroder wrote:
4 > >On Saturday 25 February 2006 14:25, a tiny voice compelled John Blinka to
5 > >
6 > >write:
7 > >>Does anyone know what's wrong? None of my other machines does this.
8 > >>
9 > >>Thanks for your help.
10 > >
11 > >Have you tried a different browser? Try restarting cupsd
12 > >
13 > ># /etc/init.d/cupsd restart
14 >
15 > Same thing happens using either Konqueror or Firefox on this machine.
16 > Doesn't happen with either browser on other machines I've set up.
17 > Restarting cupsd has no effect.
18 >
19 > John
20
21 Make sure that you have the file:
22
23 /usr/share/cups/docs/index.html
24
25 and that it opens as a webpage in a browser Of course I'm assuming that other
26 html pages display properly.
27 --
28 Regards, Ernie
29 --