From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] =dev-lang/spidermonkey-60.5.2_p0-r4 fails @world update
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 15:53:08
1 On Friday, 19 June 2020 16:35:27 BST urpion@×××.com wrote:
2 > On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 09:45:59AM -0500, Dale wrote:
3 > > Jack wrote:
4 > > > Not far enough back. You need to show the actual error, not the line
5 > > > "Error1:" which gets printed after the error.
6 > >
7 > > And depending on the number of cores/threads and other emerge settings,
8 > > it can be a dozen, two dozen lines or sometimes even further back than
9 > > that. With CPUs having a dozen or so cores/threads, it's amazing that
10 > > some stuff compiles at all. Prime example, recent thread about Pam
11 > > updates.
12 > >
13 > > OP, if needed, tar the whole error log and attach it. Just don't post
14 > > it elsewhere and link to it tho. After a while, it's gone or a person
15 > > finds the log but not this thread with the solution.
16 > >
17 > > Dale
18 > >
20 >
21 > Ah ha. Yes Thank you. Sorry, I've never been good with e-mail:-P
24 NP, did you get an OOM error in dmesg when this happened by any chance? You
25 don't seem to have much RAM, you have no swap and the number of jobs is
26 relatively high for memory hungry compiles.
27
28 It could be a bug, but unless a report has been filed already in BGO to this
29 effect, I suggest you add a swapfile, enable it, and try again with
30 MAKEOPTS="-j1" or "-j2". Please ask if you need more detail.