From: gevisz <gevisz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No sound. Please, help!
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2020 16:21:52
1 вс, 18 окт. 2020 г. в 17:19, David Haller <gentoo@×××××××.de>:
2 > On Sun, 18 Oct 2020, gevisz wrote:
3 > >??, 18 ???. 2020 ?. ? 09:09, David Haller <gentoo@×××××××.de>:
4 > [..]
5 > >> Try this in /etc/modprobe.d/alsa.conf (or some file there):
6 > >>
7 > >> ====
8 > >> alias char-major-116 snd
9 > >> alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
10 > >> options snd-hda-intel model=auto
11 > >> ====
12 > [..]
13 > >So, after changes you suggested, it looks as follows:
14 > ># Alsa kernel modules' configuration file.
15 > >
16 > ># ALSA portion
17 > >alias char-major-116 snd
18 > ># OSS/Free portion
19 > >alias char-major-14 soundcore
20 > >
21 > >##
22 > >## IMPORTANT:
23 > >## You need to customise this section for your specific sound card(s)
24 > >## and then run `update-modules' command.
25 > >## Read alsa-driver's INSTALL file in /usr/share/doc for more info.
26 > >##
27 > >## ALSA portion
28 > >## alias snd-card-0 snd-interwave
29 > >alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
30 > >## alias snd-card-1 snd-ens1371
31 > >## OSS/Free portion
32 > >## alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
33 > >## alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1
34 > >##
35 > >
36 > ># OSS/Free portion - card #1
37 > >alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
38 > >alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
39 > >alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
40 > >alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
41 > >alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
42 > >## OSS/Free portion - card #2
43 > >## alias sound-service-1-0 snd-mixer-oss
44 > >## alias sound-service-1-3 snd-pcm-oss
45 > >## alias sound-service-1-12 snd-pcm-oss
46 > >
47 > >alias /dev/mixer snd-mixer-oss
48 > >alias /dev/dsp snd-pcm-oss
49 > >alias /dev/midi snd-seq-oss
50 > >
51 > ># Set this to the correct number of cards.
52 > >options snd-hda-intel model=auto
53 > >options snd cards_limit=1
54 >
55 > Looks good, but snd-hda-codec-hdmi might still get loaded, so try with:
56 >
57 > options snd cards_limit=2
58 >
59 > (or even more)...
60 >
61 > >Tried to run 'update-modules' command but got
62 > >bash: update-modules: command not found
63 > >message.
64 >
65 > Should not be necessary.
66 >
67 > [still no sound after reboot in FF/Skype]
68 >
69 > Try:
70 >
71 > aplay /usr/share/sounds/alsa/test.wav
72 >
73 > before tackling FF etc. And check alsamixer etc. for it might have
74 > wrong options set as the device might have been moved..
75
76 Thank you for your help. I turned on the computer, changed options snd
77 cards_limit to 2 and ran aplay /usr/share/sound/alsa/*.wav (I have a
78 different named wav files). There was a sound. Then I started Firefox
79 and opened some youtube videos. The sound was present as well. Then I
80 opened alsamixer. Some of the channels were muted and some had no full
81 sound. Nevertheless, the sound had been present. I unmuted all the
82 channels and set the full sound level on all of them. Then I again
83 checked that the sound is present. It was. So, I rebooted the
84 computer, ran alsamixer and made sure that all channels are unmuted
85 and have full sound level. But this time the sound was absent exactly
86 as I expected. Neither aplay nor Firefox produced any sound. I have
87 already seen this behavior when I experimented with the kernel
88 configuration about 8 months ago: the same kernel options, the same
89 configuration files, all alsamixer channels are unmuted but after one
90 reboot I have a sound and on another I have no sound. Any thoughts?