From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Terminals that work with "compose" key?
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 20:02:36
1 On 2009-02-17, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> The compose key still works fine in xjed, emacs, rxvt, mrxvt,
5 >> xterm, and dozens of GTK and Qt based apps. But, it doesn't
6 >> work in aterm or urxvt.
7
8 [...]
9
10 > I've never owned a keyboard with a "Compose" key, actually I
11 > had never even heard of it.
12
13 So how do you enter accented or non-latin characters or
14 ligatures or the like?
15
16 > Wikipedia has some info about how you might go about setting
17 > it up.
18 >
19 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compose_key
20
21 Um, since my compose key works fine with most applications, one
22 might assume that I've already got it set up.
25 Grant Edwards grante Yow! Is it NOUVELLE
26 at CUISINE when 3 olives are
27 visi.com struggling with a scallop
28 in a plate of SAUCE MORNAY?