From: Roy Wright <royw@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT friendly cellphone w/ Gentoo?
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 04:56:26
1 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2 > well, I got my new razr today - and I am not too happy. Compared with my old
3 > Sony Ericson, bluetooth is crippled and everything seems to be a lot more
4 > complicated. While it is easy to put files onto the phone or fetch them with
5 > kdebluetooth with the SE, it seems not to be even possible with the razr.
6 > :(
7 >
8 > also, the razr does not support EDGE, so its networking is kinda slow compared
9 > to phones with it.
10 >
11 With my RAZR, I can sync phonebooks via bluetooth or usb, but this is
12 crippled in only name+number
13 is synced - i.e., no additional attributes such as home/work/mobile is
14 sync'ed.
15
16 I am able to download photos/movies from the phone with either bluetooth
17 or usb.
18
19 I can upload files with usb but there is something weird with it. For
20 example if I upload a mp3 file,
21 then tell the phone to use it as a ring tone, it doesn't.
22
23 I can upload files fine with bluetooth, including mp3 to ringtone.
24
25 I couldn't make heads or tails of the Konnector stuff.
26
27 Overall I'd score the RAZR about 5 on a 10 point scale. I'd score the
28 linux support about 5 too,
29 the parts are there, the setup is difficult, the UI elements are clunky.
32 HTH,
33 Roy
36 echo "spzxAdjtdp/dpn" | perl -pe 's/(.)/chr(ord($1)-1)/ge'
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list