From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Video card with two ports.
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 18:55:58
1 Daniel Frey wrote:
4 > On Nov 7, 2013 9:47 PM, "Dale" <rdalek1967@×××××.com
5 > <mailto:rdalek1967@×××××.com>> wrote:
6 >
7 > > Mine isn't skewed to one side, it's just a fraction to large. It
8 > seems to be cut off by a few pixels all the way around. Watching a
9 > movie tho, no problem. Using it for a puter monitor tho, slight
10 > issue. To give a bit of a idea, about 1/3 of the clock on the little
11 > panel thing at the bottom is cut off. The little K menu thing is
12 > missing about the same on both bottom and left side. You can see it
13 > but it just isn't all there like on my puter monitor.
14 > >
15 > > Since I don't really plan to use it for a monitor, it's no biggie.
16 > I figure it could be that they just put to much plastic around the
17 > display itself. Sort of covered up to much of the screen.
20 > Dale,
21 >
22 > I am assuming this is a TV? All TVs apply overscan to inputs and that
23 > is what you are seeing.
24 >
25 > Most TVs made in the last five years have a way to turn that off, but
26 > it varies. On my Samsung, I have to use the dvi/HDMI input and set the
27 > input label to dvi/PC and overscan is then turned off for that input.
28 > It is buried in the menu options but it doesn't explain what it does.
29 >
30 > I have several mythtv frontends and found this solution about four
31 > years ago when I replaced my living room TV.
32 >
33 > Dan
37 And a quick google tells how to do this on my TV. I'll have to test
38 later tho. I unhooked the cable the other day. I need to run it under
39 the floor so I don't trip over that monster.
40
41 Thanks for the info tho. That helped.
42
43 Dale
44
48 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!