From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Video card with two ports.
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 16:27:57
1 On Nov 7, 2013 9:47 PM, "Dale" <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Mine isn't skewed to one side, it's just a fraction to large. It seems
4 to be cut off by a few pixels all the way around. Watching a movie tho, no
5 problem. Using it for a puter monitor tho, slight issue. To give a bit of
6 a idea, about 1/3 of the clock on the little panel thing at the bottom is
7 cut off. The little K menu thing is missing about the same on both bottom
8 and left side. You can see it but it just isn't all there like on my puter
9 monitor.
10 >
11 > Since I don't really plan to use it for a monitor, it's no biggie. I
12 figure it could be that they just put to much plastic around the display
13 itself. Sort of covered up to much of the screen.
16 Dale,
17
18 I am assuming this is a TV? All TVs apply overscan to inputs and that is
19 what you are seeing.
20
21 Most TVs made in the last five years have a way to turn that off, but it
22 varies. On my Samsung, I have to use the dvi/HDMI input and set the input
23 label to dvi/PC and overscan is then turned off for that input. It is
24 buried in the menu options but it doesn't explain what it does.
25
26 I have several mythtv frontends and found this solution about four years
27 ago when I replaced my living room TV.
28
29 Dan