From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Video card with two ports.
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2013 05:47:25
1 Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > On Sat, Nov 02, 2013 at 05:33:34AM -0500, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Anyway, I still need to check into some things. The edges of the
5 >> screen on my TV is cut off. It's not much but just enough that it
6 >> will cause issues if I try to do some things on the TV.
7 >
8 > I have the very same thing with a very old Radeon X200SE in an old PC
9 > that I got from a company write-off.
10 > Video ouput (via VGA) was skewed to one side, so I called the monitor’s
11 > auto-adjust to compensate. Then I installed Windows for some gaming and
12 > lo, this time the output was skewed to the other side. So the monitor
13 > was alright, instead the card was misconfigured. While the graphics
14 > driver for Windows has a neat graphical tool to configure this offset, I
15 > (currently) don't know of an equivalent in Linux country.
18 Mine isn't skewed to one side, it's just a fraction to large. It seems
19 to be cut off by a few pixels all the way around. Watching a movie tho,
20 no problem. Using it for a puter monitor tho, slight issue. To give a
21 bit of a idea, about 1/3 of the clock on the little panel thing at the
22 bottom is cut off. The little K menu thing is missing about the same on
23 both bottom and left side. You can see it but it just isn't all there
24 like on my puter monitor.
25
26 Since I don't really plan to use it for a monitor, it's no biggie. I
27 figure it could be that they just put to much plastic around the display
28 itself. Sort of covered up to much of the screen.
29
30 For now, it'll work fine tho. I may figure on it some but not going to
31 worry about it to much.
32
33 Dale
34
38 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
39 how you interpreted my words!