From: Bruno Lustosa <bruno.lists@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FTP Server
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 18:00:52
1 On 6/6/06, Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > sftp works great, its easy, simple and secure. You already checked a
3 > GUI, so, shouldn't be a problem. Frontpage produces crappy code full
4 > of MS stuff, hides you the basics of HTML and has limited CSS editing.
5 > Dreamweaver works great, has few bugs and full CSS support, snippets
6 > and PHP/ASP/Javascript editing, but I strongly advice your
7 > father-in-law not to use a GUI to start webmastering, use plain old
8 > text editing software to really learn what's going on.
9
10 That's it. The worst thing you can ever come across is a webmaster who
11 doesn't know HTML (I've worked with a few people like this). If you're
12 into web building, you *must* know HTML and CSS. You might want a
13 WYSIWYG editor to help you here and there, but you must know how
14 things work behind, or else, no matter the tools, you'll end up
15 producing crap code.
18 Bruno Lustosa <bruno@×××××××.net>
19 http://www.lustosa.net/
20 --