From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FTP Server
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 17:33:35
1 On 6/6/06, Bo Ørsted Andresen <bo.andresen@××××.dk> wrote:
2 > Tuesday 06 June 2006 18:01 skrev JimD:
3 > > I don't know what windows software he will always
4 > > use. He may try FrontPage or Dreamweaver or some other tool.
5 >
6 > I would *really* recommend that he does not use Frontpage. It produces crap
7 > code... I know nothing about Dreamweaver though.
10 sftp works great, its easy, simple and secure. You already checked a
11 GUI, so, shouldn't be a problem. Frontpage produces crappy code full
12 of MS stuff, hides you the basics of HTML and has limited CSS editing.
13 Dreamweaver works great, has few bugs and full CSS support, snippets
14 and PHP/ASP/Javascript editing, but I strongly advice your
15 father-in-law not to use a GUI to start webmastering, use plain old
16 text editing software to really learn what's going on.
19 Daniel da Veiga
20 Computer Operator - RS - Brazil
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list